quarta-feira, 14 de dezembro de 2016

The Best Of 2016

The Best of this year on a view of this grumpy costumer:




Thank You Scientist - Stranger Heads Prevail

Image Des



Haken - Affinity

Image Des

I think I don't need to say too much about these two bands they are the most creative bands of 2016, sometimes if you like something heavier and technical you could pick up Haken, but if you want to feel an atmosphere like a big band you could get Thank You Scientist, Love these albums!




Devin Townsend Project - Transcendence: the first single of this album really blew my mind, I had never bought something of DTP, but this time I really had to honor his work buying the digital version of Transcendence, awesome!

Image Des




Headspace - All That You Fear is Gone: even some haters hated this album, I really love it, the sophitiscation of it can be noticed in each song when we listen to it, great!

Image Des




Myrath - Legacy: Dude, this album got the energy award, what's a blast of energy!

Image Des




Fates Warning - Theories of Flight: I was not used to listen to their songs, but after this album I'm really becoming a follower, great!

Image Des




Theocracy - Ghost Ship: it's there another band that I was not sympathetic, but now I'm really enjoying their work, Prog Power Kings!

Image Des




Periphery III - Select Difficulty: on this album they really put the right dose of melodicism and heaviness, plus djentness, that's fucking awesome!

Image Des




Animal As Leaders - The Madness of Many: I was more into Javier work than Animal as Leaders, even I listen to their previous albums, I think on this album they are really better than before, this shit is great!

Image Des




Textures - Phenotype: I start this year listening to their songs and I think they are so good to be away from this list. They are really exceptional musicians!

Image Des




Karmakanic - DOT: this is the best progressive rock album of this year, I fucking love this album!

Image Des




Anderson/Stolt - Invention of Knowledge: perhaps I'm wrong but, even liking Anderson, I think what's best in IOK is Roine Stolt and the arrangements that probably were wrote by him, anyway it's a great album!

Image Des





Honorable Mention: CM Concert was a blast, what's a flawless band!

I'd like to thanks everyone who gets here, thanks! You All Have a Great Holidays!


Meanigful Lyrics of 2016


    A Faint Applause
Image Des

Dot_God the Universe and Everything Else...





Higher Ground

 We leave our homes, we leave our countries
Moving fast and better days
Awaits us as we cross the borders
With heavy hearts but pain decays

We're searching for a new horizon
But dark despairs corroding hand
Push us into confrontantions
Here we stand in no mans Land..


0 Comments: