sábado, 21 de dezembro de 2013

Best of 2013

Here I stand at the end of the year again...


Behold the best of the year in the view of this impermanent being...


Dream Theater -  Dream Theater: I think I don't need to state too much about DT, mainly because the new album speaks for itself. They are back! although for many they had never been absent..

Image Des  




TesseracT - Altered State: here is an album that is clearly what music was supposed to be, with great Djent work, moving songs, vocals. It's not only about music but it's also to take u to another state of mind, to evolve as human being.
 
Image Des




Mandroid Echostar - CITADELS: this band really surprise me this year, since of their EP to their Citadels, it's also the way that music should be made. Hell Yeah!

Image Des




Subsignal - Paraíso: The new Subsignal album is really a great progressive work, with great lyrics, vibe, without songs that are too long, but it really works.

Image Des




Masterplan: I think as the album title says, it's really a new beginning for these guys, probably the best prog power album of the year.

Image Des




DGM: Their new album is really awesome and "Reason" influenced me a lot this year.

Image Des





The Flower Kings -  Desolation Rose: One more year and.. They are really kicking asses again. The new album, in my opinion, is  really one of the best of their career. I think they are more inspired than ever.

Image Des




Big Big Train - Suite, English Electric Part I, Part II, Make Some Noise: it's not at random They win Progressive Music Awards 2013, They are great!

Image Des




Spock's Beard - Brief Nocturnes and Dreamless Sleep: and when everyone (me) thought it wouldn't work, They made it. I cannot say I don't miss Nick, but They are really sounding like SB. They really pulled an elephant out of the hat, great work guys!

Image Des




I'd like to thank God for being the windmaker, also to thank my friends for all advices and support, everyone who stopped by, my subscribers, everyone who belongs to this circle of hope, boldness and progness, thanks! 
                                                          -HH-


 
Meaningful phrases of 2013:


When the ship starts to sink, don't pray. Jump!

Beware the 3 obstacles to jumping ship: 

* fear of regret ( that the loser will turn out to be a winner when you've bailed-out ) 
* Unwillingness to abandon part of an investment ( become willing to abandon ) 
* Difficulty of admitting you made a mistake.

"We are what we do, but we are mostly what we do to change what we are ..."

"The answers always clear
 the spaces in between
 we're choosing now to change
 we see the need to leave
 And we openly know where we belong
 Justice will prevail as the regimes fall " 




"Take this doubt and fear to your grave

   This life of stone
    The hand of god I'm too tempted to bribe
        I'm getting old and growing paralyzed
        We're all alone
   Until we let our minds take to the skies
 Our blood runs cold yet we remain alive "



0 Comments: