sexta-feira, 9 de dezembro de 2011

Retrospectrum

One more year goes...

A year that was full of expectations regarding the new Dream Theater album, had some releases that I didn't even bother to put here, for example: Neal Morse - Testimony 2, Karmakanic - In Perfect World, Sun Caged - The Lotus Effect, citing these up because I like Neal, I have almost all Karmakanic albums, I like Sun Caged as well, but these releases have disappointed, at least for me.


The Best of the year in the view of a Simple Boy...

Progressive

Cynic - Carbon-Based Anatomy: The great genius responsible for the Cynic sound: Paul Masvidal is a guy who knows How mixing great guitars, atmospheric sounds, jazziest and that's what Cynic does! (I will never forget Paul in a concert teaching the crowd to do stretching) xDDD I'm fan this guy! HW!


Buy it


Progressive Rock

Magic Pie - The Suffering Joy: This album is the best of their career, one of the most complex and beautiful works from MP, too bad that the distribution this new album is so limited, due They are not in a great record label. :/




The Flower Kings - Tour Kaputt: great Album that makes You say why the progressive music is the most fucking awesome.


Buy it


Progressive Metal: I think it's one of the hardest years to make a choice, because We had great bands that were a great surprise, regardless of what's the position of each one, all deserve one worth buying!

Redemption - This Mortal Coil : The first time I heard TMC, that was quite unusual, because I was not expecting that an album could excite me as much as it excited me, after a few minutes listening to Path of the whirlwind I can't stop headbanging! xDDDD


Buy it!


DGM - Synthesis: is this album of 2010??!! this album is so good that I can't ignore it, besides that, after I got their autographs I've become more fan of the band.



Pagan's Mind - Heavenly Ecstasy:
The Pagans are a super atypical band, they are quite iconic, it's hard to see a band so differentiated, mainly by the style of guitar and keyboards. I think the only problem now has been Nils who is not able to reach the higher notes, I think if He changes his tone, that would be perfect. (at least on live concerts)

Andromeda - Manifest Tyranny:
No doubt the best Andromeda album to date, with great progressions, great tunes, awesome.



Almah - Motion: A great release from Almah, proving What for a while I've been thinking, Almah is much better, Edu is the guy.




Best New Progresive Metal
Lost in Thought - Opus Arise
: An album that still at times I hear the chorus "For the Blood Red Diamonds".


After one year, I'm still missing my old channel, mainly cause some videos that I liked so much: white willow, the sum of no reason, but anyway, I want to thank the tidealagain1 subscribers, thank you! thanks to the guys of the bands and record labels that, for now, this time don't request to block the videos, understanding this is to promote the band it's not some form of self promotion, thanks to everyone who passed through here!
I would also like to thank God for helping me, in a year that has been quite weird. Hailing the Weirdness! Teehee xDDD


"Where the Saints and All the demons You employ
reveal your Suffering Jo-oy"

"Box up my Bones I'm coming home I'm freeeeeee"




thanks!

0 Comments: